On this page you will find lots of information about the school uniform at Bathwick St. Mary School. Find out what children need to wear and how you can buy the uniform – new and secondhand. You can also download the Uniform Policy below.
Uniform encourages a sense of community, promotes equality for all, reflects pride in the school and represents the school to the outside community.
The Board of Governors regularly reviews uniform requirements and asks that parents respect the expectations of the school in the interest of every child. Uniform is but one area of school life, yet, with all other areas, it makes up a unique whole that has served the children in achieving the successful school we aim to maintain.
You can read and download our full Uniform Policy here. Parents choosing a place at Bathwick St. Mary School accept this policy and support it.Ties and items bearing the school motif (jumpers, cardigans, PE T-shirts and coats) are available to order online from Michael Hope Sports or on tel: 01225 464648, at reasonable prices. Other items of school uniform can be purchased at the shop of your choice. The PTA runs a scheme for buying and selling secondhand uniform so keep an eye out for sales in school and during other PTA events.
Boys and girls
- School tie (sky blue and maroon)
- Maroon jumper or cardigan (with school motif)
- Sensible black shoes (not trainers or boots)
- Maroon fleece with school motif - optional
- Maroon waterproof with school motif – optional
- Grey skirt or pinafore dress or grey uniform trousers
- White blouse
- Grey tights
- In summer a quarter-inch pink-and-white check gingham dress of any style (with white socks)
- Grey trousers or shorts
- White shirt
- Grey socks
- In summer a white polo shirt
Each child should have in school at all times:
- Navy PE shorts
- Blue PE Tshirt printed with the school name to be ordered from Michael Hope Sports
- Maroon tracksuit for outdoor PE (optional) – to be ordered from Michael Hope Sports
- A pair of plimsolls (daps) or trainers.
- This kit should be kept in a drawstring bag clearly marked with the child’s name. School teams are provided with team clothing.
- If parents wish their children to be excused from PE they are asked to send a note in advance. Otherwise, it is assumed that all children at school are fit to undertake all forms of PE. If your child takes part in football matches, please ensure they have shinpads. It is now a legal requirement that children playing in matches have such protection.