Here we have some information about the inspiring and creative curriculum we teach here at Bathwick St. Mary Church School. Please don’t hesitate to contact the school office if you have any questions.
Topic Webs for 2019-2020
- Reception Terms 1 and 2
- Year 1 Terms 1 and 2
- Year 2 Term 1
- Year 3 Terms 1 and 2
- Year 4 Term 1
- Year 5 Terms 1 and 2
- Year 6 Term 1
- be relevant, challenging and inspiring
- be accessible to all
- provide every opportunity for pupils to experience success in learning and to achieve as high a standard as possible
- promote pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
- prepare all pupils for the opportunities and experiences of life
- create a foundation for life long learning
The Curriculum is everything which takes place in the school to promote the all-round development of our children. It includes the formal programme of lessons and all other activities organised outside lesson time to enrich the lives of pupils.
We believe very strongly that everything about the school contributes to the nature and quality of children’s educational experience. This includes the teaching of the core and foundation subjects, extra-curricular activities, links with our Parish Churches, as well as visits to outside places of interest plus aspects of school life which overlap with parents, home life and the community.
Reading schemes and phonics
In Reception we use Jolly Phonics [Jolly Phonics Actions Sheet (PDF 898 KB)] and phase 1-2 of Letters and Sounds (which is part of the Primary National Strategy). In Year 1 the children use Letters and Sounds phases 3-5 and Y2 use Letters and Sounds phases 5-6. The core reading scheme we use is Oxford Reading Tree, but this is supplemented with Ginn 360 and Story World.
Basic Skills: Homelink Parent Support Meetings
We hold regular meetings for parents about how to support your child’s English and Mathematics learning. You can find details of the most recent Reception and KS1 reading meetings below.
- Reception Maths Parents’ Presentation
- KS1 Maths Parents’ Presentation
- KS2 Maths Parents’ Presentation
- Calculation Progression
- Maths BOOKLET for Reception Parents
- Maths BOOKLET for Year 1 Parents
- Maths BOOKLET for Year 2 Parents
- Maths BOOKLET for Year 3 Parents
- Maths BOOKLET for Year 4 Parents
- Maths BOOKLET for Year 5 Parents
- Maths BOOKLET for Year 6 Parents
All of the classes held meetings last term to encourage a smooth transition from one year group to the next. The power point presentation for each class can be found below:
- New Reception Parents’ Presentation for Sept 2019
- Year 1 Transition Meeting
- Year 2 Transition Meeting
- Year 3 Transition Meeting
- Year 4 Transition Meeting
- Year 5 Transition Meeting
- Year 6 Transition Meeting